Description Hide Description- Show Description+
Unspeakable is an anthology featuring eighteen queer Gothic tales, engaging both with the historical roots of the genre as well as diving into contemporary tropes! After a successful Kickstarter campaign, we are now hard at work polishing the stories to represent the very best of queer Gothic fiction. Expect a lot of spookiness, excitement, and a lot of queer.
The anthology features sapphic ghosts, terrifying creatures of the sea, and haunted houses concealing their own secrets. Whether you’re looking for your non-binary knight in shining armour or a poly family to murder with, Unspeakable showcases the best contemporary Gothic queer short fiction. Even dark tales deserve their time in the sun.
Unspeakable contains the following stories:
- Let Down by Claire Hamilton Russell
- Moonlight by Ally Kölzow
- An Account of Service at Meryll Point, as recollected and set down by C.L.
- The White Door by Lindsay King-Miller
- Doctor Barlowe’s Mirror by Avery Kit Malone
- Laguna and the Engkanto by Katalina Watt
- The Moon in the Glass by Jude Reid
- Brideprice by S.T. Gibson
- Lure of the Abyss by Jenna MacDonald
- Hearteater by Eliza Temple
- Quicksilver Prometheus by Katie Young
- Homesick by Sam Hirst
- Rodeo by Ryann Fletcher
- Lady of Letters; or, the Twenty-First Century Homunculus by Heather Valentine
- Taylor Hall by Jen Glifort
- The Ruin by E. Saxey
- The Dream Eater by Anna Moon
- Leadbitter House by Mason Hawthorne
Editor: Celine Frohn
Paperback Published 28 February 2020 284 pages